Sunday 13 April 2008

Run run as fast as you can!

Well, it's that time again when athletes take to the streets of London for a 26 mile hike. I just watched an Ethiopian lady collide with a table in Canary Wharf, where else can you guarantee action of that quality - stunt men and woman of LA stand aside.

Jokes aside, it is an amazing achievement and having recently ran a half marathon I fully respect anyone who has the determination and tenacity to run this distance!

As I watched the footage on the television I was considering how the city changes every year, I definitely noticed more graffiti and petty crime in the background so maybe what the papers say about London is true and life is getting increasingly worse?

Canary Wharf keeps growing too - it's good to see another tower block on the skyline - it reminds me a little of the children's programme Fraggle Rock where the 'Doozers' used to build their towers and knock them down, then re-build them again - repeating this cycle over and over again to infinity.

Ahhh, the futility of corporate architecture. Here today and gone tomorrow, perhaps literally if the US credit crunch continues to worsen. I ponder whether the Citibank HQ will be converted into London's first eco-tower to include a roof garden running track? Thant would certainly jazz up the marathon next year!

No comments: